One of the things I wish I knew about breastfeeding was that it does not come naturally to all women. I was one who faced many problems in the early days.
My son is three months old now and I am proud to announce that he has been exclusively breastfed from the 1st of January 2012. A lot of tears (both his and mine) were shed to achieve this as I was unable to position the baby correctly for his feeds.
My Brest Friend Pillow is one item I wish I had with me the day my son arrived. This was a real lifesaver!
My husband got me this pillow during the early days of struggling to breastfeed and I couldn’t rave more about how much it helped. We purchased ours at mybbstore in Kota Damansara at RM188.00. We got ours in Mod Pod # 872 but there are a lot of colours to choose from.
What I love about it:
- Adjustable straps that go around your waist allows you to comfortably position your baby close to you.
- It’s not as silent as it claims to be but fastening and unfastening does not disturb my son (or my sleeping husband during late night feeds).
- It’s firm platform provides a secure support for my son. Needless to say, it’s so comfortable he dozes off on it.
- I usually sit on my bed when I feed. I have a bolster positioned just under the back rest.
- At three months, I still comfortably feed my son on this pillow. His feet may hang off the edge a little but I feel more relaxed and confident with this. And yes, he still dozes off on it.
- After feeds, I hold my son with one arm and detach the strap with the other.
- Removable covers allows for you to wash it frequently (oh, and it dries pretty fast too!).
- This Chinese New Year, I made sure I put the pillow in the car in the event where I need to feed my son in between visits. This pillow really helps when you need to feed your baby in the car.
- One drawback to it’s mobility is that it doesn’t fit in the bottom basket of our Combi stroller.