Staying at home all day with a baby can be painful when they need to be entertained.
I was discussing this with Praveen today – we can no longer lay the baby on the bouncer or under his play gym for a good 5 minutes of quiet.
Our Little One now wants to roam. Everywhere. He crawls around commando style (I call it Saving-Private-Ryan style) and he’s learning to sit up.
And boy, oh, boy does he get bored easily. How do you keep a baby this age occupied?
- I’m impressed at how he can spend time with books. He may not be reading them. Instead, he’s looking and talking to the pictures, colours, feeling textures, biting the pages, knocking the board books, etc.
- His sippy cup has been extremely amusing to him. He pushes it, it moves a distance then he moves a distance 🙂
- Knocking and scratching surfaces.
- He enjoys reaching his hand into the box of tissues. I turn it to see how long he takes to find the opening (not long. This trick or game doesn’t last a minute!)
- Cuddles with him on my lap while I tell him a story or sing.
- Walks around the house, to the pool, to listen to the birds, watch the squirrels and enjoy the breeze.
- Finally, when all else fails, I give him this (not for Prav’s eyes!)