I followed a good friend through her A to Z challenge on her flash fiction blog last year. Every time I read a post I thought, this is so cool, I wonder if I could do it? When the list to sign up was open this year, I signed up for my first A to Z challenge.
I almost didn’t make it when:
1. My husband and I bought a trip to Europe this May. I thought I’d be busy with planning and packing in April and would not have time to blog. So we get a little lost here and there, no biggie :P
2. Mid-March, my computer decided it was time to retire! I panicked. But hubs got me a new one. Thank you!
5 things about the A to Z challenge:
1. I planted my son in front of the tv when I needed to write. I am now able to write, look for pictures and edit a blog post before a 22 minute episode of Mickey Mouse finishes. My posts were scheduled to go live at noon (UTC +8:00).
2. I enjoyed sharing my parenting experience in Asia, particularly Malaysia, and was happy to hear how it’s not that much different in other parts of the world.
3. I met so many people and stumbled upon many interesting blogs! I enjoyed reading about parenting,life, food & recipes, travel and flash fiction.
4. Thanks, A, for introducing me to this challenge. Your theme this year rocked! After reading your post on Mysti Parker’s blog, I realised my ideas come to me in the shower! Lol! Thanks for sharing and being great company. Here’s a virtual coffee for you!
5. It’s been so much fun! I look forward to participating in the 2014 A to Z challenge!