Don’t worry, this isn’t a horror story.
We were in Bangkok last weekend and stayed at Four Points by Sheraton. Although it was our first time there, we immediately felt right at home. The kids had a lot of room to stretch while we checked in. I allowed my 13 month old toddler to crawl and explore the hotel lobby – I got a million stares from people and I’m pretty sure they were thinking ‘How could they allow their kid to crawl on the floor?’.
The room received a seal of approval from both our son and our friend’s daughter. Spacious, clean and comfortable.
For some reason, I smelt cigarette smoke in our room on the first day. I thought, no way. It’s a non-smoking hotel. I must be dreaming. But it got really prominent that night. I was really upset and couldn’t sleep so I emailed the hotel asking them to check if we were on a smoking floor. The manager apologised and held a room for us on a different floor so we switched rooms early the next morning. Our clothes smelt like we just came out of a night club!
When we got back to the room that evening, we were pleasantly surprised with a plate of cupcakes from Khun Warapon. She really went all out to help us switch rooms by briefing her staff to fetch our bags, getting the new key cards and even offering to pack for us.
This is the second time I’ve made my husband change rooms due to cigarette smoke. It can be really annoying and even dangerous with a baby. He told our friends the next day that he fell asleep in Room 240 but woke up in Room 646.